Functional Safety Management training or FSM training
This one day course covers the fundamentals of Functional Safety Management or FSM. You will learn about FSM as it is intended by the functional safety standards including best practices in industry. This course combines theory with practical work. When you complete this course you will understand what FSM means, how it is applied and what it means for your company and your job.
What you will get
All participants get:
- Course material in printed format
- Certificate based on exam results
- Safety passport
This course comes with an exam and personal knowledge certification.
- Specialist Certificate for those that obtain 60% or higher on the exam
- Specialist certificate with distinction for those that obtain 85% or hire on the exam
- Certificate of Attendance for those that do not pass the exam
Who should attend Functional Safety Management training?
Any professional involved in SIL and how is responsible for functional safety in one or more phases of the lifecycle. This course is suitable for functional safety managers working as:
- System integrators
- Product developers
- Third parties
- Business case for functional safety
- Introduction to Functional Safety Management
- Five core functional safety management concepts
- Verification, validation, assessment and audits
- Example documentation templates
- Example procedure templates
- FSM world of IEC 61508
- FSM world of the process industry
- FSM world of the railway industry
Participants in the Functional Safety Management training or FSM training course can further develop their Functional Safety skills be attending the following courses:
- HAZOP/LOPA Leadership training
- SIL Verification and calculation
Share this FSM training
Share this course with your colleagues.
Our training and people certification program is designed to be compliant with ISO 17204, the standard for people certification.
Our trainers are:
- Dr. Michel Houtermans
- Didier Turcinovic
- Ricardo Vittoni