Workshop Safety Requirements Specification – IEC 61511
This one day workshop teaches participants how to write a safety requirements specification according to IEC 61511. The workshop not only addresses the requirements of IEC 61511 but also covers what is needed to write S.M.A.R.T. requirements. This workshop combines theory with practical work. When you complete this workshop you will understand what an SRS is according to IEC 61511 and how to write one yourself.
What you will get
All participants get:
- Course material in printed format
- SRS template
- Certificate of attendance
- Knowledge certificate (optional)
- Safety passport
This workshop comes with the option to receive personal knowledge certification.
- Specialist Certificate for those that submit a safety requirements specification as a case study within 6 months after completion of the workshop
Who should attend the Workshop Safety Requirements Specification – IEC 61511?
Any professionals required to write, verify or approve Safety Requirements Specifications according to IEC 61511 in their workplace.
- Safe processes
- Layers or protection
- Importance of SIS
- The SIS and its SIFs
- What a SIF should do
- What a SIF should not do
- Relation to IEC 61511 and IEC 61508
- The Safety Function
- Define the SIF
- Input for the SIF
- S.L.A.T.S. concept
- Good examples
- Bad examples
- Requirements and requirements specification
- Why projects fail
- Definition requirement
- Definition specification
- Requirement versus specification
- SMART requirements
- Attributes of smart requirements
- SRS and IEC 61511 requirements
- General environmental requirements
- General process requirements
- General logic solver requirements
- General final element requirements
- SIF specific requirements
- Workshop – create SRS
- Template SRS
Participants in the workshop course can further develop their HRA and SIL skills be attending the following courses:
- Workshop Functional Safety Plan, Verification Plan, Assessment Plan – IEC 61511
- HAZOP training
- LOPA training
- SIL Verification and calculation
Share this Workshop Safety Requirements Specification – IEC 61511
Share this course with your colleagues.
In order to achieve the knowledge certificate associated with this Functional Safety and SIL for Safety Instrumented System training course the applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Fill out the Application Form
- Have 3 years of experience in the process industry.
- Have 2 references that can confirm the experience
- Participate at least one time this training
- Pass the associated exam
Every participant in our training courses receives a personal Safety Passport®. Your personal Safety Passport is an online independently verified track record demonstrating you competency. An example of a Safety Passport is given here. Your Safety Passport can hold:
- Knowledge certificates achieved through training,
- Role or field based certification achieved through practical experience, and
- Participation in qualified events
The Safety Passport is free of charge for Risknowlogy clients.
Our personal development training and certification program is compliant with ISO 17024, the standard for people certification. We strive to offer you the best personal training, development and certification program in the world. Where applicable we cooperate with industry organisations like TUV, ISA, IEEE, DIN, to have our courses approved.
Our trainers are:
- Dr. Michel Houtermans
- Didier Turcinovic
- Ricardo Vittoni
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ