SIL Verification and Calculation Training IEC 61511
This two day course/workshop teaches the attendees how to do SIL Verification including the SIL Calculation according to functional safety standards. This course will help you streamline your SIL verification processes. It will teach you how to demonstrate that SIFs are truly SIL compliant. This course comes with many case studies and you will have access to our SIL Master calculation tool to create PFD calculations according to IEC 61508.
You have two certification options. After the course you can take an online exam and get your knowledge certified. You will receive a Certified Specialist certificate which represents a knowledge certificate.
Once you pass the exam you can also submit 2 case studies. These case studies, if ok, lead to a Certified Professional in SIL Verification certificate. This type of certificate represents practical experience in SIL verification.
What you will get
All participants get:
- The course material in printed format
- A Risknowlogy Certificate of Attendance
- A Risknowlogy Safety Passport
- SIL Verification checklists in excel format
- SIL verification report template
- Upon successful completion of the post-course exam you receive a knowledge certificate with the title Risknowlogy Certified Specialist.
- If yo decide to also submit 2 case studies a role certificate with the title Risknowlogy Certified Professional in SIL Verification.
Who should attend SIL Verification and Calculation training?
Any professionals working directly or indirectly in their workplace with functional safety and SIL when designing and/or building Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Introduction to SIS and Verification
- Introduction to SIL Verification
- Verify the safety function
- Verify the safety requirements specification
- Verify the architecture and hardware
- Perform and verify PFDavg and PFH calculations using our SIL Master calculation tool
- Verify application software and device configuration/parametrisation
- Verify basic safety & user documentation
- Verify validation (FAT, iFAT, and SAT)
- Risknowlogy Certification Program
- Exam (for specialist certification)
Within six months (optional)
- Submit two case studies (for professional certification)
- Extra cost apply
Participants in the Functional Safety and SIL for Safety Systems training course can further develop their SIL skills be attending the following courses:
Share this SIL Verification and Calculation training
Share this course with your colleagues.
In order to achieve the knowledge certificate associated with this SIL Verification and Calculation training course the applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Fill out the Application Form
- Applicant is certified Functional Safety Engineer, Professional or Specialist
- Have 2 references that can confirm the experience
- Participate at least one time this training
- Pass the associated exam
About the case studies
This SIL Verification and Calculation Training IEC 61511 comes with personal certification which you can achieve after passing the exam, i.e., the case studies. You need to submit two case studies to prove that you gained the knowledge from the course and that you know how to perform SIL Verification. You select two independent safety instrumented functions and you use our checklists that we provide you with during the course to perform your verification. Your case studies will be reviewed by a Risknowlogy expert and upon succesfull completion you will receive your knowledge certificate with the title Risknowlogy Certified Specialist.
Every participant in our training courses receives a personal Safety Passport®. Your personal Safety Passport is an online independently verified track record demonstrating you competency. An example of a Safety Passport is given here. Your Safety Passport can hold:
- Knowledge certificates achieved through training,
- Role or field based certification achieved through practical experience, and
- Participation in qualified events
The Safety Passport is free of charge for Risknowlogy clients.
Our personal development training and certification program is compliant with ISO 17024, the standard for people certification. We strive to offer you the best personal training, development and certification program in the world. Where applicable we cooperate with industry organisations like TUV, ISA, IEEE, DIN, to have our courses approved.
Our trainers are:
- Dr. Michel Houtermans
- Mandar Phadke
- Didier Turcinovic
- Ricardo Vittoni
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ