SIL Verification and Calculation Training IEC 61511
Imagine your company has been working on a major project and it’s now time to prove that the safety instrumented functions that you’ve designed, meet all the requirements of IEC 61511.
- How do you do that?
- How do you know your people did the work according to the standard?
- And, crucially, how do you prove this to your customer?
This course will help you streamline your SIL verification processes. It will teach you how to demonstrate that SIFs are SIL compliant. This course will make the difference for you:
- It will show your customers that your are competent in SIL Verification and SIL Calculation
- It will give you a better position within your company and thus job security
- It might even give you a higher salary, since you will be more qualified then others
Following the SIL Verification and Calculation training will ensure that your safety professionals do the work correctly. And if the work is done correctly, by competent people, then we at Risknowlogy can certify the work you’ve done quickly and easily. You know you did it right, we know you did it right and your customer knows you did it right too.
The objective of the course is to give specialists in depth and practical experience of SIL Verification and Calculation according to IEC 61511. Applicants who successfully complete the post-course case studies will have their competence certified.
What you will get
All participants get:
- The course material in printed format
- SIL Verification checklists according to IEC 61511 in excel format
- A Risknowlogy Certificate of Attendance
- A Risknowlogy Safety Passport
- Upon successful completion of the post-course case studies a knowledge certificate with the title Risknowlogy Certified Specialist
- The Risknowlogy certification is recognised world wide
Risknowlogy offers the opportunity to get your knowledge in SIL Verification and Calculation certified. In order to achieve certification the following eligibility requirements apply:
- Applicants need to be certified Functional Safety Professionals, Functional Safety Engineer, FSEng, or Functional Safety Expert
- Applicants need to follow this course
- Applicants need to submit the post-course case studies for approval
This course comes with an exam and personal knowledge certification.
- Functional Safety Specialist
- Functional Safety Specialist certificate with distinction for those that obtain 85% or hire on the exam
- Certificate of Attendance for that that do not submit the case studies
Who should attend SIL Verification and Calculation training?
Any professionals working directly or indirectly in their workplace with functional safety and SIL when designing and/or building Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Introduction to SIS and Verification
- Introduction to SIL Verification
- Verify the safety function
- Verify the safety requirements specification
- Verify the architecture and hardware
- Perform and verify PFDavg and PFH calculations
- Verify application software and device configuration/parametrisation
- Verify basic safety & user documentation
- Verify validation (FAT, iFAT, and SAT)
- Risknowlogy Certification Program
- Exam (for specialist certification)
Within six months (optional)
- Submit two case studies (for professional certification)
Participants in the Functional Safety and SIL for Safety Systems training course can further develop their SIL skills be attending the following courses:
Share this SIL Verification and Calculation training
Share this course with your colleagues.
In order to achieve the knowledge certificate associated with this SIL Verification and Calculation training course the applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Fill out the Application Form
- Applicant is certified Functional Safety Engineer, Professional or Specialist
- Have 2 references that can confirm the experience
- Participate at least one time this training
- Pass the associated exam
About the case studies
This SIL Verification and Calculation Training IEC 61511 comes with personal certification which you can achieve after passing the exam, i.e., the case studies. You need to submit two case studies to prove that you gained the knowledge from the course and that you know how to perform SIL Verification. You select two independent safety instrumented functions and you use our checklists that we provide you with during the course to perform your verification. Your case studies will be reviewed by a Risknowlogy expert and upon succesfull completion you will receive your knowledge certificate with the title Risknowlogy Certified Specialist.
Every participant in our training courses receives a personal Safety Passport®. Your personal Safety Passport is an online independently verified track record demonstrating you competency. An example of a Safety Passport is given here. Your Safety Passport can hold:
- Knowledge certificates achieved through training,
- Role or field based certification achieved through practical experience, and
- Participation in qualified events
The Safety Passport is free of charge for Risknowlogy clients.
Our personal development training and certification program is compliant with ISO 17024, the standard for people certification. We strive to offer you the best personal training, development and certification program in the world. Where applicable we cooperate with industry organisations like TUV, ISA, IEEE, DIN, to have our courses approved.
Our trainers are:
- Dr. Michel Houtermans
- Mandar Phadke
- Didier Turcinovic
- Ricardo Vittoni
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ