Basics of IEC 61511 Training
This course introduces the fundamental and basic principles of safety instrumented system (SIS) design according to IEC 61511. This course is for managers and engineers who want to understand the important aspects of SIS design and selection of safety products, systems and the design of applications.
This course is ideal for engineers and managers that are new to functional safety and IEC 61511. The course is a good preparation for the TUV Certification course.
What you will get
All applicants receive:
- Handouts of the course material
- Case studies and class room excersises
- White papers on the practical implementation of IEC 61511
- Certificate of Attendance
- A Risknowlogy Safety Passport
- Lots and lots of Knowledge
- Course dates: See course schedule on the right
- Course material language: English, French, German, Spanish
- Course instructor language: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 1 day
Who should attend
Any body interested in getting a basic understanding of IEC 61511.
What does the Introduction to IEC 61511 Training cover?
- What functional safety means
- The link between the different functional safety standards
- Why the design of safety systems needs special attention
- Management of functional safety for SIS
- Hazard and risk analysis concepts
- Hazards and risk analysis techniques like HAZOP, Fault Tree, Event Tree, LOPA
- Fundamental hardware design concepts
- Architectural constraints and hardware fault tolerance
- The different between diagnostic tests, periodic proof tests
- Reliability analysis and reliability data
- Application software design
- And more