Introduction to IEC 61508 Training
About this course
This course introduces the fundamental and basic principles of functional safety according to IEC 61508. The IEC 61508 standard applies to any kind of programmable electronic safety system in any industry. Although the standard is seen as a product developers standard it is a general purpose standard which applies to end-users, system integrators and product developers.
This course is ideal for engineers and managers that are new to functional safety and IEC 61508. The course is a good preparation for the TUV Certification course.
What you will get
All applicants receive:
- Handouts of the course material
- Case studies and class room excersises
- White papers on the practical implementation of IEC 61508
- Certificate of Attendance
- A Risknowlogy Safety Passport
- Lots and lots of Knowledge
- Course dates: See our public schedule, in-house training available upon request
- Course material language: English, French, German, Spanish
- Course instructor language: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 1 day
Who should attend
Any body interested in getting a basic understanding of IEC 61508.
What does the Introduction to IEC 61508 Training cover?
- What functional safety means
- The basis of functional safety
- The lifecycle concept
- Management of functional safety
- Verification, validation, assessment and audits
- Fundamental hardware design concepts
- Architectural constraints (HFT, Type A, Type B)
- Reliability analysis (SFF, PFD, PFS, SIL, STL)
- Safe software
- Measures to avoid failures
- Measure to control failures
- And more