Functional Safety, SIL and Cyber Security Training
Are you asking yourself the following questions?
- What is SIL?
- What does Functional Safety mean?
- How does Cyber Security affect SIL and Functional Safety?
- Which products / devices need to be SIL compliant?
- What does it mean to be SIL compliant?
- How does SIL affect my work and my company?
- What role does certification play in the SIL business
- Can certification benefit me?
- What are the roles/positions of TUV and the Insurance companies?
- How do I demonstrate my competency in SIL?
- Can we use SIL to demonstrate competitive advantage?
We are here to answer those questions and more – IN JUST ONE DAY
It is our objective to give you a basic introduction to Functional Safety, SIL and Cyber Security without going into the technical details but with enough information for you to understand what SIL and functional safety means and how it is affected by Cyber Security and how it affects your work, your products and services and your company.
After this course you will be knowledgeable enough to understand whether SIL is for you or not. If the answer is yes, then you will know how it affects you and in which direction you need to go to successfully implement SIL and Functional Safety including how it is affected by Cyber Security.
As a next step you will want to deepen your knowledge on Functional Safety and become a certified Functional Safety Engineer, Professional or Specialist by following our certification training courses.
What you will get
All applicants receive:
- The course material
- A Risknowlogy Certificate of Attendance
- A Risknowlogy Safety Passport
- Lots and lots of knowledge
- Course dates: See Dates and Locations on the right
- Course material language: English
- Course instruction language: English, Dutch, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 1 day!
Who has attended this training course?
This one day introduction is suitable for any stakeholder involved in or with functional safety and SIL in the automation, automotive, oil & gas, chemical, processing, railway, and nuclear industries. The event has been attended by:
- Company owners
- Department managers
- Hardware engineers
- Software engineers
- Quality assurance managers
- Reliability engineers
- Safety engineers
- Human Resources managers
What does the Functional Safety, SIL and Cyber Security Training cover?
- What is functional safety?
- Functional safety standards (IEC 61508, IEC 61511, IEC 62061, ISO 26262, EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129, etc)
- The importance of functional safety management
- The fundamentals of hazard and risk analysis
- Important hardware selection and design concepts
- The famous PFD calculations
- The role of software (embedded, application logic and utility software)
- The role of cyber security in relation to SIS
Our training and people certification program is designed to be compliant with ISO 17204, the standard for people certification.
Our trainers are:
- Dr. Michel Houtermans
- Parag Nernurkar
- Mandar Phadke
- Didier Turcinovic
- Ricardo Vittoni