Functional Safety Management training or FSM training
Do you want to know what Functional Safety Management means in practice? Do you want to become a functional safety manager? Or are you already a functional safety manager but want to be certified as well? If you answered yes to any of these questions then this course is for you.
In this course, you will learn about FSM as it is intended by the functional safety standards including best practices in the industry. When you complete this course you will understand what FSM means, how it is applied and what it means for your company and your job.
We offer two types of certifications:
- The course comes with an online exam. If you pass the only exam you get a knowledge certificate indicating you are a Specialist.
- After the course, you can optionally submit a case study. The case study is successful you receive a role certificate indicating you are a Professional Functional Safety Manager.
What you will get
All participants get:
- Course material in printed format
- Knowledge certificate based on exam results
- Safety passport
Who should attend?
Any professional involved in the management of functional safety and SIL for any project that needs to demonstrate their competence. This course is suitable for (want to be) functional safety managers working as:
- Engineering partners
- System integrators
- Product developers
- Third parties
- The business case for functional safety
- Introduction to Functional Safety Management
- Five core functional safety management concepts
- Verification, validation, assessment and audits
- Example documentation templates
- Example procedure templates
- FSM world according to the standards
Optionally you can buy the following procedure templates to get your FSM system started:
- Procedure template
- Competence procedure template
- Supplier procedure template
- Modification procedure template
- Tools procedure template
- Communication procedure template
- Configuration management procedure template
Participants in the Functional Safety Management training or FSM training course can further demonstrate their FSM experience by having their real practical experience certified with a role certificate:
- Certified Professional: >40 hours practical experience as FS Manager
- Certified Expert: >1500 hours practical experience as FS Manager
- Certified Master: >3000 hours practical experience as FS Manager
Share this FSM training
Share this course with your colleagues.
In order to achieve the knowledge certificate associated with this Functional Safety Manager training course the applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Fill out the Application Form
- Have 6 years of experience in the process industry. It is possible to receive the following education credit:
- Bachelor degree: 2 years
- Masters degree: 3 years
- PhD degree: 4 years
- Have 2 references that can confirm the experience
- Participate at least one time this training
- Pass the associated exam
Every participant in our training courses receives a personal Safety Passport®. Your personal Safety Passport is an online independently verified track record demonstrating you competency. An example of a Safety Passport is given here. Your Safety Passport can hold:
- Knowledge certificates achieved through training,
- Role or field based certification achieved through practical experience, and
- Participation in qualified events
The Safety Passport is free of charge for Risknowlogy clients.
Our personal development training and certification program is compliant with ISO 17024, the standard for people certification. We strive to offer you the best personal training, development and certification program in the world. Where applicable we cooperate with industry organisations like TUV, ISA, IEEE, DIN, to have our courses approved.
Our trainers are:
- Dr. Michel Houtermans
- Didier Turcinovic
- Ricardo Vittoni
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ