eLearning FS Engineer training
Contact us for current promotions/discounts.
The Functional Safety and SIL for Safety Instrumented Systems training course is ideal for specialists, professionals and engineers. The course focuses on functional safety aspects for the process, oil & gas, and chemical industries according to IEC 61511.
The main objective of this course is to give engineers, professionals and specialists involved in safety instrumented systems the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of functional safety and the requirements of the functional safety standard IEC 61511 in reference to the IEC 61508 standard. A second objective is to allow anybody attending the course to certify their knowledge through an exam.
What you will get
When you choose the “Training, exam and certification” option, you will get
- Online training access for one year.
- 50+ Training videos.
- Self-test questions.
- Safety passport.
- Risknowlogy Certificate, based on exam results. See Knowledge Certification below.
- A personal PDF file with course material to make course notes
- When you pass the above certification criteria, you can also order your TUV Certificate. See Knowledge Certification below.
his course comes with an exam and personal knowledge certification. Certification comes from TUV SUD, Risknowlogy, or both.
- Functional Safety Engineer (TUV) certificate for those that obtain 60% or higher on the exam
- Functional Safety Professional (TUV) certificate for those that obtain 75% or higher on the exam
- Functional Safety Specialist (Risknowlogy) certificate for those that obtain 60% or higher on the exam
- Functional Safety Specialist with distinction (Risknowlogy) for those that achieve 85% or higher on the exam
- Certificate of Attendance for that that do not pass the exam
Who should attend the FS Engineer training?
Any professional working directly or indirectly with Safety Instrumented. This course is suitable for functional safety engineers, functional safety managers and department managers working as:
- System integrators
- Product developers
- Third parties
- Introduction to functional safety
- Business case for functional safety
- Important laws
- The IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 standards
- Random, common cause and systematic failures
- Functional safety management:
- Life cycle concept
- Important FSM procedures
- Configuration management
- Hazard & Risk Analysis:
- Hazard identification
- Hazard and risk analysis
- Risk reduction
- HAZID, FMEA, FTA, HAZOP, ETA, LOPA, Risk Graph, Risk Matrix
- Safety function definition
- Safety requirements specification
- Planning the safety system
- Planning for end users, integrators, and realization of safety systems
- Functional safety plan
- Verification plan
- Validation plan
- Assessment plan
- Audit plan
- Safety requirement specification
- Hardware design
- Hardware lifecycle
- Energize vs de-energize
- Low demand, high demand, continuous mode
- Target failure measure (PFDavg, PFH)
- Hardware fault tolerance
- Type A, Type B
- Diagnostic tests
- Proof tests
- Safe failure fraction
- Architectural constraints according to IEC 61508 (route 1h, 2h)
- Architectural constraints according to IEC 61511
- Hardware reliability
- Reliability modelling
- 6 Steps to carry out a PFD calculation
- Simplified equations
- Failure data
- Software design
- Software lifecycle
- Embedded software
- Application software
- Utility software
- Fixed programming languages (FPL) Limited variability languages (LVL) Full variability languages (FVL)
- Software architecture
- V-model Measures to avoid failures
- Operation and maintenance
- Installation and commissioning
- Safety validation
- Operation, maintenance and repair
- Modification and retrofit
- Maintenance override
Participants in the FS Engineer training course can further demonstrate their functional safety experience by having their real practical experience certified with a role-based certificate:
- Certified Professional: >40 hours practical experience as FS Manager
- Certified Expert: >1500 hours practical experience as FS Manager
- Certified Master: >3000 hours practical experience as FS Manager